Monday, March 14, 2011

The Earthquake on Friday

I know that I'm behind the times on my blog, and I will fix that, trust me, but this is breaking news!

As most of you now know, Japan was hit by a massive earthquake/tsunami mix on Friday. Truly, truly frightening! I can't really give all the facts, but those are swimming all over the news and internet now. At first they were calling it an 8.8 M earthquake, but said that Tokyo was only hit with a 5.5 M quake, but it seems these first numbers were inorrect. All I knew at the time was it was a big enough earthquake to make the Japanese scared, so that is saying something! After the first major shake, and many aftershocks, we all began rushing around for answers, damage, friends, and a safe place. I'll try to use these next few entries to share what it was like for me.

For the English version of the first Japanese report, click here
Read more about the earthquakes results here
View photos from the time of the quake here
See more photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment